Saturday 1 June 2013

Lamentations (Iba Housing Estate)

I have hardly taken half of my breakfast when I heard a familiar voice shouting "wash your toilet,clean your bathroom,the man is still around" this sent me on a serious flash back,this is where I went to secondary school,I lived here for only six years of my life,the voice I heard was that of the man that hawks toilet cleaning stuff in the estate,he is still selling on a Hawking scale(after over 7years) its really sad. I remember seeing the children I buy roasted fish and pepper from at the bus-stop,the have grown but still sell d same stuff,same size of tray,same quantity of fish.what happened to GROWTH?,what went wrong with MOVEMENT? just made me wonder if anything or anybody changed since I left,besides seeing small girls I used to know with either pregnancy or babies,I think there is no change,pple look the same way,streets same,shops same.then I thought to myself if I was still here would I b without change too? would I have a baby by now?would fashion mean going to learn work by the roadside? Would I even have a dream? I think the problem is that they get too comfortable where they are and forget it can be better,they think less of tomorrow and they live each day as it comes. The moment they start thinking,actions would come in and change would b celebrated.

3 comments:

  1. I think D̶̲̥̅̊ same also when ever I come around to D̶̲̥̅̊ estate. Nothing seemed to av change, and when I see this am glad I never stayed there for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that estate need special deliverance,thank heaven i left too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its easy to complain, but what steps have you taken towards making a change. I'm not saying I'm not guilty too, if you think it needs deliverance, why don't you start.

    ReplyDelete