Saturday 15 June 2013

Diaries of a workaholic 2

The saying "what won't kill you would make u stronger" is so tru,at the beginning of this week I took a book to write all that I had to make and do this week,it was a lot,this same week is the week I planned to take my Thursday to Sunday off dress making and have a great weekend,then I thought to myself how is it possible I do all this in 3 days of which Monday was out,I went fabric shopping and had my hair locked,so am left with 2 days.
I picked my phone to call my tailor,to tell her we have a lot to do this week, she has to be here early and be fast about work,just guess her response.........."am not feeling too well o,I want to go to the hospital,maybe I will be fine tomorrow" seriously? Am so quick to activate work mode so I got on the machine and work began,day then night but with the hope that madam "am not well" will be here tomorrow,next day I picked my phone to call her again,she dint pick up,mins later she sent a text "am restless can't make it" I just laughed,does this girl know what restless means? Anyways I gave up on her and faced my work,I sewed from morning to evening,then go to school to draft patterns till 9pm get back and keep sewing.
Thursday came,still sewing,figured my friend whom I was supposed to have the weekend with couldn't make it to Nigeria,it was a sad one but then I have a lot to do,would I have had the time to spare? Am I supposed to be happy or sad? I really looked forward to this weekend,and now I just think it dint happen cause I had a lot to do,you know how things happen so that some other things can happen,on the other end am telling my friend to try see the bright side of the failed trip,he asked if I can see it and I said "no" it wasn't until now that I realized that I could see the bright side,maybe if he came some of my clients would have killed me by now.
It's Saturday evening,I managed to make sure everyone is happy,my clients my friend and me.thats the joy of working.
PS: am prepared to work without my tailor nxt week.
Doughyeen:)

1 comment:

  1. heeeheehee...good for you! the power of working with your own hands.

    ReplyDelete